This page tells you the terms and conditions on which I supply any of the services listed on this website www.ajappliancesltd.co.uk (my site) to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering anything from my site. You should understand that by ordering any services, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
I, AJ Appliances Limited, operate the website www.ajappliancesltd.co.uk. I am registered in England and Wales under company number 03644984 and have my registered office at Kajaine House, 57-67 High Street, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 7DD
TERMS OF SERVICE
- All service bookings are made via the site online and/or over the telephone. The Customer is required to provide all the relevant information needed for the professional supply of the chosen service (make and model of the domestic appliance, brief description of the problem, full address and contact details).
- Time, date, location, price and method of payment for all Repair/Diagnostic Services need to be agreed upon booking the chosen service.
- All online service bookings will be confirmed over the telephone by me within 3 hours upon booking completion. Any online service booking submitted after 17:00 h will be confirmed over the telephone on the next working day. An online booking will be considered valid and chosen service will be provided only upon telephone confirmation by me.
- I will make every effort to be at the previously agreed address within the booked time slot to provide the service(s) requested by the Customer. If by any unforeseen circumstances the engineer cannot be at the Customer’s premises within the time slot booked, the engineer or another engineer will contact the Customer on the contact number(s) provided. In such case the Customer can
- reschedule the visit for another available time slot on the same date or
- agree on another date and time or
- cancel the appointment free of charge
- Any Repair/Diagnostic Services Booking can be cancelled free of charge not later than 24 hours prior to the appointed time slot.
- Once in the Customer’s premises I will provide full diagnostic service on the booked appliance and upon Customer’s approval will repair the appliance. Upon completion of the Repair/Diagnostic service the Customer agrees to pay the engineer the price confirmed upon booking the service.
- In case that during the Repair/Diagnostic visit I locate faulty part(s) that need(s) to be replaced:
- and the part(s) can be replaced during the visit (available as part of the my engineer’s dedicated spare parts kit), upon price agreement and Customer’s approval the repair will be carried out on-site. The Customer agrees to pay to my engineer all previously agreed diagnostic, labour and part(s) charges.
- and the engineer is technically unable to repair the appliance (the part needed is not available), the Customer agrees to pay to the my engineer the fee for the diagnostic service provided. Upon payment and Customer’s confirmation for spare part order my engineer will send a report to my head office including a request for the spare part needed. Availability, price and delivery turnover are confirmed with the Customer over the telephone by me then if the Customer approves the details mentioned above the order is placed. The part is tested in my Workshop upon delivery. New suitable time and date for Repair service visit is agreed with the customer. Upon completion the appliance is tested and once confirmed that it operates normally the Customer agrees to pay the fixed labour as well as the charge for the spare part ordered.
- and the engineer is technically unable to repair the appliance (the part needed is not available), the Customer agrees to pay to the my engineer the fee for the diagnostic service provided. Upon payment and Customer’s confirmation for spare part order my engineer will send a report to my head office including a request for the spare part needed. Availability, price and delivery turnover are confirmed with the Customer over the telephone by me. If the Customer does not accept the price offered by me the Customer can purchase the part from any other supplier then agree on a time and date for Repair Service visit with me. I will carry out the service and test the appliance upon completion. The Customer agrees to pay to my engineer the previously agreed fixed labour charge amount.
- and the engineer is technically unable to repair the appliance (the part needed is not available), the Customer agrees to pay to the Me engineer the fee for the diagnostic service provided. Upon payment and Customer’s confirmation for spare part order I will send a report to my head office including a request for the spare part needed. Availability, price and delivery turnover are confirmed with the Customer over the telephone by an employee. If the Customer does not accept the price offered by me and prefers to purchase a new appliance the Sales Representative will assist the Customer advising the Customer on the range of online listed Products offers for sale.
- All spare parts orders are placed only upon Customer’s confirmation on price and quantity. Once an order is placed the parts are delivered to Me head office within 2 Working Days
- Special orders for out of stock items are usually delivered within 2 weeks but for some of them it can take up to 4 weeks.
- Orders for Products from the e-commerce page can only be made over the telephone. The Customer has to fill in and submit an online order form. Product details will be confirmed over the telephone by an employee within 2 hours upon placing an order. Any online order forms submitted after 17:00 h will be confirmed over the telephone on the next working day. For Product sales I accept cheque and card payments which need to be completed and all funds cleared into my bank account prior to delivering the appliance(s) to Customer’s premises.
- All prices for Products or Services stated in any quote, estimate or acceptance of Order are those current at the time of the Customer's enquiry by phone or by email
- All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT and will be added to the agreed price if applicable. Cost of parts required to carry out a successful repair will be extra and are not included in the labour charge quoted. The duration of an on-site Repair/Diagnostic visit does not affect the labour charge applied. My labour fee is fixed for all Repair/ Diagnostic visits.
- Payment for parts and services must be made by credit/debit card, cash or via cheque prior or upon the delivery of the services by me
- The customer agrees that payment for services is non-refundable and parts or equipment fitted or supplied will be replaced only if found faulty and/or covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- I may at my discretion offer credit terms to the Customer subject to the status of the Customer. Such credit terms shall be determined by Repair AID and confirmed in writing with the Customer.
- Unless and until credit terms are granted, the Customer will pay for any Products or Services on a "cash upon completion" basis in which case the Customer should allow at least three (3) Business Days for the payment to be credited to my bank account. I reserve the right not to release any Products or upon consideration provide any Services until all such payments are cleared and credited to ours bank account.
- Where credit terms are granted, and unless other terms are granted in writing, the Customer will pay no later than 30 days following the date of my invoice and I reserve the right to suspend any Product delivery where payment is delayed.
- If any payments are overdue the Customer may be placed on credit hold and no further Products or Services will be delivered or made available to the Customer until all payments due to me under the Contract have been paid.
- If payment is not received by the relevant due date I may charge the Customer interest on any overdue amount (on a daily basis) from the due date of payment to the date of actual payment (both dates inclusive) at the rate of three (3) per cent per day.
- All payments made by the Customer to me shall be in pound sterling in immediately available funds free and clear of any right of set off or counter claim or any withholding or deduction whatsoever.
- The Customer agrees to make all payments due under this contract irrespective of any dispute or claim the Customer may have with or against any third party.
- Includes 6 month warranty on all part(s) and labour provided by me starting from the date the Repair/Diagnostic Service is completed. The warranty is valid only for part(s) fitted by me and Repair/Diagnostic services undertaken by me. In any other case such as but not limited to appliance or part(s) fault caused by the Customer’s negligence, lack of knowledge or misuse of the appliance all related Repair/Diagnostic costs are not covered by the 6 month warranty provided by me. The Customer can book another Repair/Diagnostic visit and agrees to pay my engineer the price confirmed upon booking the service.
- Any faulty part different then the part(s) covered by the warranty can and will be repaired. Such part is not covered by my warranty and separate Repair/Diagnostic Booking will be required. The Customer agrees to pay all related cost such as but not limited to labour fee and part(s) separately
- I, to the extent that it is permitted to do so, hereby assigns the benefit of any guarantee or warranty covering any defects in Products received by me under an agreement with the manufacturer or supplier of the relevant Product.
- The warranty service (if any) will be that provided by the manufacturer and any validation procedures relating to that warranty service are the responsibility of the Customer.
- I may in its discretion offer support or maintenance services with respect to Products or Services.
- The warranty of the manufacturer or supplier is in lieu of all other terms or conditions whether express or implied concerning the quality or fitness for purpose of Products and all such other terms and conditions are hereby excluded.
- I shall not be liable for any claims regarding the physical functioning of the equipment serviced or parts installed outside of the 6 month warranty period nor for any fault(s) caused by but not limited to Customer’s negligence, lack of knowledge or misuse of the appliance. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- I shall not be liable for any claims regarding delayed part deliveries or inability of a supplier to provide part (s) ordered by The Customer.
- In line with my Duty of Care to The Customer, I will make every effort to preserve the integrity of any equipment under repair. The Customer agrees not to hold AJ Appliances Limited responsible for any accidental damages to the equipment in its possession including but not limited to surface scratches, deformations and cracks.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All Intellectual Property Rights in or relation to the Products (including any manuals and operating documentation relating thereto) or in any materials (including Software) created by me during the course of providing the Services shall vest in AJ Appliances Limited or its suppliers as the case may be and the Customer shall have no title to or interest in any such Intellectual Property Rights except to the extent specifically agreed by me.
Each party shall treat as confidential all information obtained from the other which is specifically designated as confidential or proprietary and shall not divulge such information to any person (except to such party's own employees and then only to those employees who need to know the same) without the other party's prior written consent.
I reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions. Any such modification will apply on the effective date specified in the said notice to all services and products provided by me.
All Contracts shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The waiver by either party of a breach or default of any of the provisions on this Agreement by either party shall not be construed as a waiver of any succeeding breach of the same or other provisions, nor shall any delay or omission on the part of either party to exercise or avail itself of any right, power or privilege that it has, or may have hereunder operates as a waiver of any breach or default by either party.